Lumia 635 vs. 14393.5 - constant nav bar makes the phone useless

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

With the update from 10586.494 to 14393.5 the Lumia 635 became useless. Completely useless.

The nav bar is constalntly on and hiding the menu items on ALL apps, including built-in ones, like camera, calculator, phone dialer... all.
The phone became useless instantly.

Previously, the nav bar was outside of the system screen, now it became the part of it.

I cannot switch it off or hide it

WHY?????

Please fix it or it will be in the bin in a week (and I think I will not be the only one).

Thanks
J

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

With the update from 10586.494 to 14393.5 the Lumia 635 became useless. Completely useless.

The nav bar is constalntly on and hiding the menu items on ALL apps, including built-in ones, like camera, calculator, phone dialer... all.
The phone became useless instantly.

Previously, the nav bar was outside of the system screen, now it became the part of it.

I cannot switch it off or hide it

WHY?????

Please fix it or it will be in the bin in a week (and I think I will not be the only one).

Thanks
J

submit feedback in the feedback hub and maybe if you're willing, try a factory reset.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You have put a beta build (almost production) of windows 10 on a 640, which I hears works, I would say either do a device recovery go back to 8.1 and wait two weeks for official updates (9th or 16th release date) or do a factory reset and see if the bugs go.

JD_123456789

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have the 10586 on approx 60 phones (company, I am the IT guy). 650s, 640s, few 550s and 950s.
Some have 14393, including one 930.
All are doing well.
Now, I have ran an update on a family 635, and it became useless, due to this bug.
What is different? Why?
Again: the nav bar is always on and covers vital part of the screen: the menus of the apps.
Camera, sms, dialer... all became unusable, as I cannot press their menu buttons, it is overlaid by the nav bar...
This is wrong... very wrong.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you're in IT so you know how things work with software updates more than anyone else here...reach out to Microsoft's support channels and submit a ticket. Until then hold off on the rollout and keep piloting until you hear back.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have the 10586 on approx 60 phones (company, I am the IT guy). 650s, 640s, few 550s and 950s.
Some have 14393, including one 930.
All are doing well.
Now, I have ran an update on a family 635, and it became useless, due to this bug.
What is different? Why?
Again: the nav bar is always on and covers vital part of the screen: the menus of the apps.
Camera, sms, dialer... all became unusable, as I cannot press their menu buttons, it is overlaid by the nav bar...
This is wrong... very wrong.

maybe the install got corrupted. Why are there manufacturing defects in any assembly? It happens

JD_123456789

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Today .67 was installed. The situation remained the same.
Nav bar covers the bottom menu bar in all apps, and the text bar when typing... I cannot see what I am typing.

The keyboard comes up on the top of the nav bar, but the app itself not - so keyboard covers the text slot, including the send button.

Same everywhere. The bottom line is covered in the dialer, and the menus in other apps.

This is only present with the 635.

I am worried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)