I Couldn't Download the Current Update, How?

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi. So I tried downloading the current build 14393.5 but my phone, Lumia 540, randomly shut down. The download got interrupted. So when the phone restarted, I tried downloading the update but it says... "Updates are available, but we temporarily need 1.18gb of space to download." I set my storage settings to put downloads, new apps, new music, etc., to SD CARD. My sdcard still got 3gb of space. I clearly have enough space for the download but the message always appears when I retry to download the update. Any help is really, really appreciated.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Clear your internal storage! It's constipated. Never buy another phone with low internal memory. You can hype all you want on expandable sd storage, but nothing beats internal memory.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi. So I tried downloading the current build 14393.5 but my phone, Lumia 540, randomly shut down. The download got interrupted. So when the phone restarted, I tried downloading the update but it says... "Updates are available, but we temporarily need 1.18gb of space to download." I set my storage settings to put downloads, new apps, new music, etc., to SD CARD. My sdcard still got 3gb of space. I clearly have enough space for the download but the message always appears when I retry to download the update. Any help is really, really appreciated.

try clearing internal storage - was the shut down because of depleted battery?

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
No. When the download of update started, my phone started to lag. The touchscreen didn't work for some time and even the buttons didn't work and my phone eventually shut down. This isn't my first time to update my phone so the lagging was really unusual to me since the last updates worked too well.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No. When the download of update started, my phone started to lag. The touchscreen didn't work for some time and even the buttons didn't work and my phone eventually shut down. This isn't my first time to update my phone so the lagging was really unusual to me since the last updates worked too well.

so if you can't clear internal storage or get another sd card, the other option would be a factory reset

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2