I lost my settings icon and can't swipe right

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I messed up and in settings I did something that now I can't swipe to get apps list and lost my settings icon. And my start screen is in a line up or down no settings icon. Sharing apps with contacts I think that messed things up. I don't knowhow to get to settings to correct the problem. I don't want to restart and lose all my pictures and phone numbers

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
You will most likely need to reset your phone using windows device recovery tool on pc. If you had backup enabled your contacts, emails, calendar appointments, pictures, apps, app settings (for supported apps) and texts will all be restored if you restore from backup while setting up.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I messed up and in settings I did something that now I can't swipe to get apps list and lost my settings icon. And my start screen is in a line up or down no settings icon. Sharing apps with contacts I think that messed things up. I don't knowhow to get to settings to correct the problem. I don't want to restart and lose all my pictures and phone numbers

phone numbers are saved with your MS email account thus it's backed up
You can copy photos to a pc via USB cable

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2