Very slow saving files on wired network, problem not on WiFi?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've had my Surface Pro 3 for over a year now and I have always had this problem.

When I connect to the wired network at work using the dock, I have full internet access and can read files from my network drive, however everything hangs when I try to save a file, or create a new file. This is the case in any software (Word or other software). In Word, for example, I get the 'Saving as...' dialog box with the green bar that appears and stays for 5-10 minutes. Eventually the file is sometimes saved. It doesn't matter when it is a big file or a small file.

The same problem occurs with the surface Pro 3 dock, the USB network adaptor, and also an off-brand USB network adaptor. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 in the hope this problem would disappear, but it remains!

If I connect to our work network via WiFi, I have no such problems and can read and save files with no problem (although much slower, and only gives me limited access to the network - no printing, for example).

All updates have been installed. I've tried uninstalling the ethernet adaptor and reinstalling the latest version with no joy.

I have a Surface Pro 3, i7 64-bit processor, 8GB RAM.

I've followed these instructions for a similar problem, but also no joy (Google: Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Docking Station Network Problem: SOLVED!)

Can anyone help?

Any help gratefully received,

Patrick

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
could it be the cable? Or how the network detects your device?
Is wired internet fast for you?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3