Office 2016 Licensing Service crashing Windows 10 PC

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I have a pretty much brand new, relatively high-spec PC on Windows 10 that keeps freezing.

When:
- It crashes when Windows starts up and the mouse isn't moved for a few minutes. If I startup and move the mouse within the first few minutes it works fine
- Randomly freezes during videos or gaming every few days

Error:
- Event Viewer tells me that just before the 'Kernel-Power' Critical Error which crashes the PC, the 'Office 2016 Licensing Service' Error occurs every time. So as this Office error occurs before each crash, I'm assuming its causing it
- When I double-click on the Office error, I can the following details:

''The description for Event ID 0 from source Office 2016 Licensing Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Subscription licensing service failed: -1073418220''

Any help would be much appreciated, I've been living with this issue for months and tried to fix it myself for so long. I just don't know where else to turn to.

Thanks in advance,
Tigran

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
have you tried to repair office? You can do that in control panel >programs > uninstall programs > select office and click on repair

You could also try reinstalling office and as a last resort, resetting your pc

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes