Does "reset" install W10 Anni Ed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all,

Just a quick query - I've noticed a couple of quirks in both the Dell laptop but more importantly, the SP4 since the anniversary update. What is also a bug-bear for me is going from a clean machine to a slightly dirty machine with the introduction of a windows.old folder etc.

So, while I know the answer for the Dell, does the SP4 have anything different during the built-in clean install (reset PC/don't save anything etc) in that does it install the original image on the SP4 that it came with or does it download the current version of W10 and proceed to clean install with that?

To get to the point, I want to go straight to the anni. edition rather than do a clean install of W10 and then do an upgrade to anniversary. If the SP4 reset method does not do this, I'll proceed in going down the ISO route.

Thanks in advance!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a quick query - I've noticed a couple of quirks in both the Dell laptop but more importantly, the SP4 since the anniversary update. What is also a bug-bear for me is going from a clean machine to a slightly dirty machine with the introduction of a windows.old folder etc.

So, while I know the answer for the Dell, does the SP4 have anything different during the built-in clean install (reset PC/don't save anything etc) in that does it install the original image on the SP4 that it came with or does it download the current version of W10 and proceed to clean install with that?

To get to the point, I want to go straight to the anni. edition rather than do a clean install of W10 and then do an upgrade to anniversary. If the SP4 reset method does not do this, I'll proceed in going down the ISO route.

Thanks in advance!

If you like a clean as out-of-the-box Win10, download the Microsoft Media Creation tool and follow on screen instruction for downlading direclty last updated build (AU + tuesday patch) and saving it in a usb stick or dvd drive.
Then you can use it for installing Win10 UA by zero without loosing time installing older builds and then upgrading ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234