Nokia 1520 will not remember Language and Region settings

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I wish to enable Cortana.

I live in South Africa and have a Nokia Lumia 1520 on Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update version 10.0.14393.67. I am enroled as an Insider on the slow ring.

No matter what language/region I choose, after a restart, the Language always reverts back to English (Singapore) and the Country/Region to Singapore.

Because I cannot change these to US or UK I cannot enable Cortana. Why Singapore??? Maybe it was assembled there.

I have looked at this article
"How to fix Hey Cortana on the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile"
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-hey-cortana-windows-10-mobile
and done lots of searching.

Does anybody know of a fix without doing a hard reset.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wish to enable Cortana.

I live in South Africa and have a Nokia Lumia 1520 on Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update version 10.0.14393.67. I am enroled as an Insider on the slow ring.

No matter what language/region I choose, after a restart, the Language always reverts back to English (Singapore) and the Country/Region to Singapore.

Because I cannot change these to US or UK I cannot enable Cortana. Why Singapore??? Maybe it was assembled there.

I have looked at this article
"How to fix Hey Cortana on the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile"
How to fix Hey Cortana on the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central
and done lots of searching.

Does anybody know of a fix without doing a hard reset.

is the region and date timezone setting set to automatic update? Try with it disabled. And location off too

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon