I have a Lumia 640 and have upgraded to the Anniversary update, a lot of apps won't launch, Discovery News, Network Speed Test, Microsoft Authenticator, Litecoin easy check, etc. Even Settings! They immediately close.

I have tried to download to re-install say Network Speed test, but it is stuck at "working" and rebooted a couple times.

Would you recommend waiting for an update? Resetting the phone and starting from scratch or resetting the phone and restoring a backup?

Or is there something else that could fix this?
    08-24-2016 07:50 AM
    Hard reset is more preferable. Update may not fix the issue
    08-24-2016 07:59 AM
    I have a Lumia 640 and have upgraded to the Anniversary update, a lot of apps won't launch, Discovery News, Network Speed Test, Microsoft Authenticator, Litecoin easy check, etc. Even Settings! They immediately close.

I have tried to download to re-install say Network Speed test, but it is stuck at "working" and rebooted a couple times.

Would you recommend waiting for an update? Resetting the phone and starting from scratch or resetting the phone and restoring a backup?

Or is there something else that could fix this?
    do a factory reset and then no restore

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-24-2016 10:25 AM