Rolling back a PC from RS2 to Anniversary Update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey everybody,

14905 user here.

So I was just minding my own business when I suddenly got hit by a lot of bugs in RS2 which made all kinds of craziness happen. So I decided to roll back. I went to the start menu and searched for "rollback" and sure enough there was the option to roll back.

After a few minutes I had successfully rolled back... To 14901... This one has a bad bug where I can't reach hardly anything in the settings due to a missing dll-file (I don't have a PRO-machine to copy it from). So I am currently stuck on 14901.

How can I go from 14901 to the current branch (Anniversary Update)? Preferably without losing my files.

Any help is appreciated.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody,

14905 user here.

So I was just minding my own business when I suddenly got hit by a lot of bugs in RS2 which made all kinds of craziness happen. So I decided to roll back. I went to the start menu and searched for "rollback" and sure enough there was the option to roll back.

After a few minutes I had successfully rolled back... To 14901... This one has a bad bug where I can't reach hardly anything in the settings due to a missing dll-file (I don't have a PRO-machine to copy it from). So I am currently stuck on 14901.

How can I go from 14901 to the current branch (Anniversary Update)? Preferably without losing my files.

Any help is appreciated.

try to make a backup of your files on an external drive and then try to reset your pc in settings
If not possible, try to do a clean install using the iso file available from MS

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there no way to rollback to production builds?

Could someone upload the .dll file somewhere for 14901 so I can go back to 14905? That would ease my problems a little bit.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there no way to rollback to production builds?

Could someone upload the .dll file somewhere for 14901 so I can go back to 14905? That would ease my problems a little bit.

How to do a clean installation of Windows 10 | Windows Central
How to Roll Back Builds and Uninstall Updates on Windows 10

And try running this, no harm in trying: SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39