I tried to upgrade 820 to windows 10 and used windows phone internal 1.2 to unlock bootloader as per instruction in some forum. Now that phone is dead and windows 10 Pc does not identify the phone and gives unknown USB deviCe error. How do I get it back to work. Tried all steps from various forums.
    Vishnu YV likes this.
    08-31-2016 07:46 AM
    I tried to upgrade 820 to windows 10 and used windows phone internal 1.2 to unlock bootloader as per instruction in some forum. Now that phone is dead and windows 10 Pc does not identify the phone and gives unknown USB deviCe error. How do I get it back to work. Tried all steps from various forums.
    Hi there. That's a shame that it bricked up on you. This isn't the first instance i've seen of it happening from bootloading.

Have you tried the WDRT? If that doesn't work, you may be out of luck.

Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset your device. This will take you back to the OS version which originally came with the phone. So for phones that did not ship with W10M, the WDRT will take it back to 8.0. If the phone was shipped with W10M, the tool will take it back to a version of W10M
    Follow this link for instructions and download: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=l8b2iCs6

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Did you tried the hard reset key sequence?
    08-31-2016 07:49 AM
    Hi there. That's a shame that it bricked up on you. This isn't the first instance i've seen of it happening from bootloading.

Have you tried the WDRT? If that doesn't work, you may be out of luck.

Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset your device. This will take you back to the OS version which originally came with the phone. So for phones that did not ship with W10M, the WDRT will take it back to 8.0. If the phone was shipped with W10M, the tool will take it back to a version of W10M
    Follow this link for instructions and download: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=l8b2iCs6

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-31-2016 07:50 AM
    Guess it's not happening. Tried but don't see anything happening on screen
    09-01-2016 06:34 AM
    It stays waiting to detect device. Seems like PC is not recognizing it as external device. Can Nokia care help in this case.
    09-01-2016 06:35 AM
    It stays waiting to detect device. Seems like PC is not recognizing it as external device. Can Nokia care help in this case.
    possibly but they would charge you for it - especially since you hacked the device to try to use builds not meant for that phone
    09-01-2016 07:43 AM