Does WP have app permissions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi Windows Central,

I am considering migrating from BlackBerry 10 OS to Windows Phone OS. The most favorite thing about the BB10 is that you can set permissions for apps upon install and then if needed you can edit those permissions. As far as I know, Android doesn't have such a thing.

Does WP allow setting and editing app permissions? I ask this because sometimes I feel that for example a messaging app's location or even microphone request should be denied, as I won't be using voice messages, neither I wan't to accidentally send a voice message to anyone, which has once happened to me with allowed microphone access.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Windows Central,

I am considering migrating from BlackBerry 10 OS to Windows Phone OS. The most favorite thing about the BB10 is that you can set permissions for apps upon install and then if needed you can edit those permissions. As far as I know, Android doesn't have such a thing.

Does WP allow setting and editing app permissions? I ask this because sometimes I feel that for example a messaging app's location or even microphone request should be denied, as I won't be using voice messages, neither I wan't to accidentally send a voice message to anyone, which has once happened to me with allowed microphone access.

there's a whole sectio of settings for privacy and app permissions, down to which app can use mic or camera etc

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi Windows Central,

You can change the permissions under Privacy Settings . OS in screenshot: W10m...
https://s9.postimg.org/88t16c4rz/wp_ss_20160901_0001_2.png
.--------.
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa