Multiple issues, starting with exe files

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am seriously stuck and will explain:

I was having problems getting some programs to run, some of these would then run if I selected 'run as administrator' but I am an administrator so should not need that. Others will not run at all and give the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000e5). I searched this error and found a recommended solution to disable all services and start-up programs. After that I could no longer access the internet so things were worse. I was then able to restart a lot of services based on recommedations found online but I am back where I started.

I then tried to restore but I have no restore points.

I then decided to reset my machine but keep my files, this would remove all non standard programs and I'd have to reinstall some. This didn't work either as it would not complete the reset process.

I can also not uninstall manually some of the programs.

I am really stuck and not sure what to do, can you help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am seriously stuck and will explain:

I was having problems getting some programs to run, some of these would then run if I selected 'run as administrator' but I am an administrator so should not need that. Others will not run at all and give the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000e5). I searched this error and found a recommended solution to disable all services and start-up programs. After that I could no longer access the internet so things were worse. I was then able to restart a lot of services based on recommedations found online but I am back where I started.

I then tried to restore but I have no restore points.

I then decided to reset my machine but keep my files, this would remove all non standard programs and I'd have to reinstall some. This didn't work either as it would not complete the reset process.

I can also not uninstall manually some of the programs.

I am really stuck and not sure what to do, can you help?

From what I know, a reset would remove any programs that had been installed before - so I'm not sure why you can't remove them

Which programs are theses? Have you tried updating them?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital