I will never buy a Microsoft tablet again. I ask the same question and never a straight forward answer. I tried installing the DIRECTTV app and Microsoft won't allow it. This was not the first streaming service that Microsoft denied. So frustrated I was at the store a few days ago and a fellow was considering a Surface I had to share my experience and he put it down and off to by an apple.
    09-07-2016 06:40 AM
    Its not MS. Its DirecTV. I have been begging them for years to update their windows offerings.
    https://support.directv.com/app/answ...t,-or-phone%3F

Looks like only browser streaming is supported on Windows. If you want an App then an iPad is your way to go, though you'll need a Windows/Mac machine to sync it up later anyways.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-07-2016 06:49 AM
    Ah, is this a Surface Pro or RT? I have a Surface Pro 2 and there is a DirectTV program, GenieGo, I've used, that will allow you to DL DVR'd content to the Surface. I think you can stream live TV with it as well...

GenieGo... (Says Windows 8 but it runs fine on Windows 10)...
    https://support.directv.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/3495
    09-07-2016 08:48 AM
    Its not MS. Its DirecTV. I have been begging them for years to update their windows offerings.
    09-07-2016 11:25 AM
    I will never buy a Microsoft tablet again. I ask the same question and never a straight forward answer. I tried installing the DIRECTTV app and Microsoft won't allow it. This was not the first streaming service that Microsoft denied. So frustrated I was at the store a few days ago and a fellow was considering a Surface I had to share my experience and he put it down and off to by an apple.
    besides the fact that the app developers do not have an app for the windows platform, what were the other reasons why you didn't like the tablet?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    09-12-2016 06:02 AM