my PC does not recognize me as the Administrator, even though it says so in the User Accounts

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My PC, running Win 10, has stopped going into the sleep mode as it use to. I am designated as the Administrator for my PC. I saw online to go to the Command Prompt and enter "powercfg -requests". When I do, I get a response saying:"...requires administrator privileges and must be executed from an elevated command prompt". At the cmd prompt it has "c:/users/john>". What do I need to do to be recognized as the admin?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My PC, running Win 10, has stopped going into the sleep mode as it use to. I am designated as the Administrator for my PC. I saw online to go to the Command Prompt and enter "powercfg -requests". When I do, I get a response saying:"...requires administrator privileges and must be executed from an elevated command prompt". At the cmd prompt it has "c:/users/john>". What do I need to do to be recognized as the admin?

How to change a Windows 10 user account type and why | Windows Central

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3