What is wrong with Z-Zip and why will it not uninstall?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I go to control panel>right click on Z-Zip>click "uninstall", instead of uninstalling, I get a "program still running, stop it before uninstalling">I click "OK"> it takes me right back to the beginning, and goes in circles. What is going on?
Does anyone know about Z-Zip and whether it is a malware app?
Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It is likely it is malware. But it is not clear that it is as mainstream scanners don't mention it, just a bunch of websites I would never trust to download the 'removal tools.

7-zip is a great app and is not malware, but if you have something installed called z-zip then I suggest posting the details to a mainstream site like https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and seeing if they can help.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I go to control panel>right click on Z-Zip>click "uninstall", instead of uninstalling, I get a "program still running, stop it before uninstalling">I click "OK"> it takes me right back to the beginning, and goes in circles. What is going on?
Does anyone know about Z-Zip and whether it is a malware app?
Thanks

is the program visible in task manager? can you cancel it there?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss