I opened an app and was using it when it suddenly shutdown on me. I went to open it again and it was grayed out and said "Pending" (exactly as if the app were currently installing). I checked the Store and it wasn't currently being updated and no updates were available for it. Restarted my phone a couple times and even just let it sit for quite a few hours. I've had a similar experience about a week ago, but I don't know exactly when it occurred because when I unlocked my phone, one of my tiles was grayed out and found at the time the only way to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hesitant to do that with this current app as its a game with no cloud-save feature. I'm not on any preview builds (just the current production build) on a Lumia 950 XL. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to backup your progress in Subway Surfers, that'd also help. =P
    09-13-2016 07:42 AM
    I opened an app and was using it when it suddenly shutdown on me. I went to open it again and it was grayed out and said "Pending" (exactly as if the app were currently installing). I checked the Store and it wasn't currently being updated and no updates were available for it. Restarted my phone a couple times and even just let it sit for quite a few hours. I've had a similar experience about a week ago, but I don't know exactly when it occurred because when I unlocked my phone, one of my tiles was grayed out and found at the time the only way to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hesitant to do that with this current app as its a game with no cloud-save feature. I'm not on any preview builds (just the current production build) on a Lumia 950 XL. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to backup your progress in Subway Surfers, that'd also help. =P
    Are these app on sd card?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-13-2016 07:49 AM
    Are these app on sd card?
    Nope.
    09-13-2016 11:55 AM
    So I've found that it appears to only happen to graphical games. If I wait long enough, anywhere from a couple minutes to a day or two, it will eventually work out. So far I've only seen it happen to Subway Surfers and Age of Empires. In any case, not sure what's causing it, but it is annoying.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:12 AM
    First uninstall unnecessary apps that run all time and hang phone. Then restart phone. Just wait a little to load apps. Firstit says pending when you see apps then they will loaded and will work normal
    09-19-2016 01:40 PM
    I have this problem too. Whenever the app turns to grayed out, I simply turn off WIFI n that grayed out turns to normal.

It's worked for me. Hope it works for too :)
    09-20-2016 09:26 AM
    I have this problem too. Whenever the app turns to grayed out, I simply turn off WIFI n that grayed out turns to normal.

It's worked for me. Hope it works for too :)
    Interesting. I'll have to give that a shot next time.
    Vamc Teja likes this.
    09-20-2016 09:38 AM
    For me it take 1 - 5 seconds to change from grayed out to normal. After app changed to Normal from Grayed Out, u can turn on ur WIFI again.
    09-20-2016 09:40 AM