cannot upgrade to win 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, i using lumia 920(windows phone 8.1 denim), I install "windows insider" and selecting insider slow or fast, restarting and when i select check for updates, writing "your phone is up to date" , i make hard format and flash with windows device recovery tool and never changed. Try everything but say "your phone up to date". Please help me.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i using lumia 920(windows phone 8.1 denim), I install "windows insider" and selecting insider slow or fast, restarting and when i select check for updates, writing "your phone is up to date" , i make hard format and flash with windows device recovery tool and never changed. Try everything but say "your phone up to date". Please help me.

As of a few months ago, the insider program will not work with older devices such as the 920: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Device Reminder - Microsoft Community

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Lumia 920, and the issue of not being able to upgrade to Windows 10 really gets to me and its pushing me away from the windows phone platform

The 920 can't get the upgrade because it's hardware is not good enough. The processor cannot handle the higher demands of W10M. This was seen again and again during the insider program - there were too many issues with it. Newer devices with newer processors can handle W10M and all the new features

Unfortunate as it is, that's what happened.

I would suggest you try getting a newer device like the 640/650 which have support for a long time and can comfortably work with W10M

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05