Where did my "people" pictures go?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

All of my "people" tile pictures are missing and so are the "contact" profile pictures are no longer on any of my contacts pictures. I know I must have clicked one button to lose this. Can someone please help. I have a 920. Thank you :)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
There is no "one button to lose" them, at all. There is no simple option to remove one picture. To do so you have to recreate a contact. Just soft reset your phone, they might "come back"

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
There is no "one button to lose" them, at all. There is no simple option to remove one picture. To do so you have to recreate a contact. Just soft reset your phone, they might "come back"
You can delete a profile pick of a single contact simply by editing the contact, select edit Outlook, and then hold the photo and the option to delete photo should appear. Has worked like this for years.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
All of my "people" tile pictures are missing and so are the "contact" profile pictures are no longer on any of my contacts pictures. I know I must have clicked one button to lose this. Can someone please help. I have a 920. Thank you :)

That's the gift of the outlook.com "upgrade" and since it seems only Windows phone users are affected I don't think there will ever be a fix apart from readding the pics yourself.

Sent from mTalk on my Acer A12

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me too over the weekend. I was greeted with an upgrade to my outlook account upon logging in, and then checking my people app all of my saved pictures were gone, sadly.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem last week when my Outlook.com account was upgraded last week - lost contact pics,got error code 8500201d on my laptop and computer etc.
I have tried the methods suggested on MS community forum and WCForum, but problem remains.I am waiting for MS to provide a solution.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I woke up this am to it,they screwed with all my live tile contacts, I had to manually go in to my people & unlink profiles..most of mine have a fb, outlook and the one I manually put in..then adjust anything Microsoft did (which they shouldn't be able to in the first place...wrong in m book) and relink, change it add any picts and repin them all. If you forget who is where just keep a screenshot of your start screen.. They should not be able to mess with my contacts and phone layout that way..I thought google was bad with privacy, apparently Microsoft is just subtle.. They also sent me an email saying I linked one of my devises...which I didn't do anything new like that...smh.... Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes