Certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi!
I am just working with a Windows Mobile 6.5 device and I have some issues connecting to the Internet.

When I reach a webpage it shows a message:
The certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust.
The certificate date is valid.
The certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view.

Do you want to proceed?
Yes No

As I click Yes, it continues to show arbitrarily this message.
I have checked with another device and they have the same Certificates and Expiration dates for all.

Right now I don't know where to find, as I have not find anything on the Internet about this issue.

Please, could you help me to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I am just working with a Windows Mobile 6.5 device and I have some issues connecting to the Internet.

When I reach a webpage it shows a message:
The certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust.
The certificate date is valid.
The certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view.

Do you want to proceed?
Yes No

As I click Yes, it continues to show arbitrarily this message.
I have checked with another device and they have the same Certificates and Expiration dates for all.

Right now I don't know where to find, as I have not find anything on the Internet about this issue.

Please, could you help me to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

it could also be because your device is no longer supported?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Did you manage to fix your issue? I am facing the same issue on a MC9200 device.
WM 6.5 builds below 28205 do not auto-update certs. Without SHA-256 certs, many websites won't load and Exchange is out the door. Unless your device has an updated ROM, you're out in the cold. Check Zebra's support page and see if there's an updated ROM available. Motorola no longer handles EDAs.

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/mobile-computers/handheld/mc9200.html

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks fatclue_98 your a huge help to windows mobile users here.:) Just curious about Win mobile 6.5 going forward, as iam still a happy user of Win 10 mobile looking forward to Andromeda's debut this year. However plan "B" could be to drop back to Win mobile 6.5 is this still possible ? MrockNroll.

operagust

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
My MC9200 device has Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 classic (build 29366.5.3.12.48). What I have also noticed is that I can access without any issues a website (https) which has a certificate generated with SHA1. The ones that I can't access have certificates generated with SHA256.
I have read that SHA256 is not supported on WEH 6.5? Is that true?
I was thinking to export the certificate and importing manually on the device using the following steps:
1.Using a desktop computer, open the certificate properties , and on the Details tab of the certificate, select Copy to File.

2. Follow through the wizard, and select the DER Encoded binary X.509 (.cer) format.

3. Click browse and specify a path and filename to save the certificate.

4. Click on the Next button and click on Finish.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m not 100% sure about Classic. Do you have any options for downloading 6.5.3? It was never released to the public but chefs grabbed the ROMs and took the good bits and pieces. I had the ES400 but it was 6.5.3 Professional (touchscreen) and Symbol (Zebra) had updated ROMs up until last year. It might be time to finally move on .

operagust

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
Thanks fatclue for your advice, but upgrade is not an option and especially with an unofficial version.

I have managed to install the certificates into the device but the error still persists. If I go to Start->System->Settings->Certificates I can see them in the intermediate tab (not in the root tab). I am wondering if I need to do a different export of the certificates on the WebServer.

Steps for importing the certificate:
1.Copy the certificate file to your Windows Mobile 6 device using Windows Mobile Device Center
2.Tap "Start", "Programs" and "File Explorer".
3.Tap the certificate file that you want to import.
4.Receive this message "One ore more certificates were installed successfully" and press ok.

ethangsum

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes