My laptop just updated itself and after a long time the update completed ok but I cannot get past the log in screen. It will not accept the passcode I was using to unlock the screen before the update. Help on how to bypass this screen. I only have a single account on the laptop
    09-30-2016 06:00 PM
    Were you using a PIN or a password earlier? Make sure that you're entering the right one, or change it using 'sign-in options'. Updates are not supposed to break/change your password.
    Were you using a PIN or a password earlier? Make sure that you're entering the right one, or change it using 'sign-in options'. Updates are not supposed to break/change your password.
    10-01-2016 12:16 AM
    My laptop just updated itself and after a long time the update completed ok but I cannot get past the log in screen. It will not accept the passcode I was using to unlock the screen before the update. Help on how to bypass this screen. I only have a single account on the laptop
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    10-01-2016 08:40 AM
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Hi, I was using a pin to log on to laptop, I tried my live password and it worked, now I have to log in with my live password every time, frustrating as if use tablet mode I can only input numbers. Not found out if I can change the log in as yet!!
    10-01-2016 12:10 PM
    Hi, I was using a pin to log on to laptop, I tried my live password and it worked, now I have to log in with my live password every time, frustrating as if use tablet mode I can only input numbers. Not found out if I can change the log in as yet!!
    so can't you create a new pin? or disable and then enable again the pin password?
    10-02-2016 12:32 AM
    You should be able to create a PIN again.
    10-03-2016 12:35 AM