After update pasword incorrect

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My laptop just updated itself and after a long time the update completed ok but I cannot get past the log in screen. It will not accept the passcode I was using to unlock the screen before the update. Help on how to bypass this screen. I only have a single account on the laptop

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Were you using a PIN or a password earlier? Make sure that you're entering the right one, or change it using 'sign-in options'. Updates are not supposed to break/change your password.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My laptop just updated itself and after a long time the update completed ok but I cannot get past the log in screen. It will not accept the passcode I was using to unlock the screen before the update. Help on how to bypass this screen. I only have a single account on the laptop

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

NigelE

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Hi, I was using a pin to log on to laptop, I tried my live password and it worked, now I have to log in with my live password every time, frustrating as if use tablet mode I can only input numbers. Not found out if I can change the log in as yet!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was using a pin to log on to laptop, I tried my live password and it worked, now I have to log in with my live password every time, frustrating as if use tablet mode I can only input numbers. Not found out if I can change the log in as yet!!

so can't you create a new pin? or disable and then enable again the pin password?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes