Wy does windows 10 still has the very old icons on the list ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when i tried to change a folder icon a list of icons appeared and it includes the very very old icons + the new icons
Why does windows 10 still has them ! Why don't they just remove it ..! Nobody gonna use these old quality pixels icons !

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
well, is that bothering you in some way because you could always choose the new icons if you dont like the old ones and yes many of us still use the old icons as these are iconic of the past windows versions and are still in use by many. So i dont agree with you that why Microsoft should remove those icons, as a good number of users never bother to change the icon and there are equal proportions of those who use both the old and the new styles. They are there to suit everybody taste.
Further if you still press on Microsoft should remove these icons , let Donna know what your thoughts are about those. ;)
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

timelimit

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
this answer is not convincing me !
it's not about whether i like them or not , and i don't want them to be removed ?! i'm just wondering
why windows bother to change the whole layout in newer versions of windows but never bothered to remove old icons since windows98 !
they keep changing their logo, and the concept of windows totally changed in windows 8 ! however 98 icons are still there ! why ?! o why ?!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
it's not about whether i like them or not , and i don't want them to be removed ?! i'm just wondering

Because MS can't guarantee that it isn't being used by other software. If MS were to remove it they may very well break some company's software that they payed 10 million to develop two decades ago. That's one of the problems with Windows. It's easy for MS to add stuff, but there is almost no way for them to remove anything without breaking stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes