No windows.old folder in Windows 10 volume 2

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi! I have an Asus Vivobook S550CA and about 2 days ago, the hard drive failed on me, so i got a replacement and I installed Windows on it not too long ago. I saw that I was running Windows 10 on vol 2 (you know it's volume 2 when you open volume and it says 'Speakers 2-High definition audio)). I heard that to delete the previous installed versions of windows, you have to delete windows.old folder, but the windows.old folder does not show. Any other suggestions? I installed windows twice to find the windows old folder but still the same.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So... You installed Windows on a new hard drive and you're trying to remove an old installation after a clean install?

Please, if you have more information on what you're trying to do, or if my information is correct, make an account and reply back. Thanks!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ Zulfigar! I would like very much also to here about this installation on a new hard drive. Was the MCT used or was a license used. I have heard you can replace the Hard drive and use the MCT to install W10 if you upgraded from W7 W8.1 ! Wonder if we'll get a reply? :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium