Quiet Phone with timeout

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is there any possibility to make my Windows phone quiet for a predefined time?
Typically when a meeting is starting, I can make the phone quite for 1 hour as an example.
Today I always forgot to turn on the sound after the meeting. And I will not notice that until late in the evening sometimes.

Before i could easyliy reach 'Quiet Hours' thru the drop down menu.
Where I could enter which time and which days the phone should be quite (typically in the night).
Is that feature gone now?

best regards
Bosch

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down from the top of your startscreen to open the notification area on your phone, then swipe down once more from the top or hit the 'expand' button and you'll see a tile labeled 'quiet hours'

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
just got W10 with L650 and I can't find the Quiet Hours settings screen either. Following your instructions reveal the icon, so I can turn it off & on. But in 8.1 there were lots of settings, like a time to activate/inactivate, who could break thru, etc. I can't find it anywhere in W10, is it gone?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
just got W10 with L650 and I can't find the Quiet Hours settings screen either. Following your instructions reveal the icon, so I can turn it off & on. But in 8.1 there were lots of settings, like a time to activate/inactivate, who could break thru, etc. I can't find it anywhere in W10, is it gone?
It is in Cortana. Open Cortana, tap the hamburger and you should see an option to set quiet hours.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Is there any possibility to make my Windows phone quiet for a predefined time?
Typically when a meeting is starting, I can make the phone quite for 1 hour as an example.
Today I always forgot to turn on the sound after the meeting. And I will not notice that until late in the evening sometimes.

Before i could easyliy reach 'Quiet Hours' thru the drop down menu.
Where I could enter which time and which days the phone should be quite (typically in the night).
Is that feature gone now?

best regards
Bosch

Press the search 🔍 icon to launch cortana, and once it launches, open the hamburger menu on the top left. You shall see an option called notebooks. Open it. There you shall see the option of quiet hours. Then turn the option that says "automatic rules" on. Set the time and days according to your need. There you have it, quiet hours according to your needs. :)

Also like someone said above, you can just pull down the notification and press on expand and then long press quiet hours option. It will lead you to the window you need to be on. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon