Low on storage

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm running low on storage in my Lumia 550. I've a 32 gb sd card, but even that's full now. In the settings -storage-sd card there's a. 1.5gb others section which shows I've a folder called WUDownloadcache. I've no idea what It is. Should I delete it? Will deleting it affect the functioning of my device in any way??? Thanks.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm running low on storage in my Lumia 550. I've a 32 gb sd card, but even that's full now. In the settings -storage-sd card there's a. 1.5gb others section which shows I've a folder called WUDownloadcache. I've no idea what It is. Should I delete it? Will deleting it affect the functioning of my device in any way??? Thanks.

It should be fine to remove the 'WUDownloadcache' as juanitoriv said..
Ive personally never done it but its just cache and shouldn't affect your phone. But this will only fix the problem temporarily.
The size will grow again. I would suggest getting a 64GB Micro SD card to help ease the pain. Plus, it will work with any future phone you purchase. there are a lot of sales at the moment. :)

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot both of you!! That was reassuring.... I'm now going to do it right away....i was worried a slight little bit because the phone said that It may affect your phones performance. But now as both of you said I've nothing to worry about. And Yes, I'm getting a bigger storage soon. But that will be for a new phone. I'll stick with 32gb for my 550. By the second week of Jan, I'll be getting a super great 950xl for a super cheap price(20000 INR) so there I'll use a bigger sd card, 128gb. Thanks both of you! Happy holidays! Enjoy the winter!!!

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
It wont delete the folder! I saw in Storage app in Others section of my SD Card that WUDownloadCache has 928 MB! I viewed it in File Explorer app but shows folders with no files. And properties menu says 0files, 0folders, 0B. This is frustrating and confusing! Pls can somebody help me?

David643

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
For more, see Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder. You can use storage sense to delete unnecessary or temporary files from your device. ... Select the Start button, and then select Settings > System > Storage . Under Storage sense, select Free up space now clean master antivirus.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Try moving any compatible apps to the SD card (not all apps allow you to do this). Also remove any apps or games you don't use as well as photos you have backed up in the cloud already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism