My lumis 950 is constantly rebooting and having charging issues. Any solutions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since the latest update my phone has started to reboot constantly. When charging it will go to 100% then when you unplugg the charger it drops down to around 50% and starts rebooting itself whenever you try to do something with the phone

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Since the latest update my phone has started to reboot constantly. When charging it will go to 100% then when you unplugg the charger it drops down to around 50% and starts rebooting itself whenever you try to do something with the phone

Hello sir.I understand your problem. It has probably been caused because of improper or incomplete updates. Had you updated your phone without putting it on charge? Maybe it died while updating because of low battery.
Anyway, first thing that i would like to suggest you is do a soft reset. (press power button and volume down button for 13 seconds.)
Once done, go to settings, updates, and check if you have any pending. Complete the update if you have any.
If you don't have any, but still see the issue, I would suggest you to reset your phone, but that would mean everything will get deleted. So take a backup of your data first, and then using Lumia recovery tool, reset your phone. It should work well.

Also, please join the windows 10 community. :) we might just be able to help you better here.

Good day. Hope your issue gets solved. :)

darren griggs

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm having similar issues. Lumia 950 is a week old, have downloaded lastest updates. Phone turns off and gets in a restart loop or switches off. After this the power button won't turn the phone on. The only way to turn it on is to remove the battery and then hit the power button. When I attempt to use the phone it turns off almost straight away. When charging it will either turn off and have no battery icon, or it will show it's charging but not move, or come up with something saying it is at full charge and to remove charger. When you remove the charger it goes back down to roughly a quarter charge. Any solutions.

WAQASKHALID88

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
i am also facing the same issue from last week it started to restart or freeze when i try to do any thing so i contact the Microsoft support center they told to me to do soft reset it problem still occur then do hard reset well i done both still same issue after that they told me to use WDRT i done that to after that devise stop freezing and restarting but now i cant use GPS and also several apps not working memory card make issues device heating up when i contact MICROSOFT again they told me to do soft or hard reset well i done both but the problem remain same now they want me to bring the device to them for check and place located from me is 700KM

950Xl (DS)
Software : Windows 10 Mobile
Installed : 3GB RAM
version : 1607
OS build : 10.014393.576
Firmware revision Number : 01078.00053.16236.35014

EVERY THING is completed up to date
region Saudi arabia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads