Lumia 950 reboots continously

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

One fine day my Lumia 950 started going through the boot phase on a loop until it drained out of battery. I believe this was a result of some update. Anyways, since this was during a busy time, I had to wait for a couple of weeks before I could search and figure out what was wrong. Based on previous posts I was directed to the Windows Device Recovery Tool. After much struggle since the tool was not detecting my phone due to continuous boot cycle, I was able to download the repair package.
The phone started to go through the repair and then stopped midway and since then I have not been able to even see the Microsoft logo that would appear in the previous boots. Now all the phone does is the short vibration indicating the device powers ON.
After talking with the B2X support person, there is still not solution and the phone is bricked. To add to this, my phone has gone out of warrantee period by just 5 days!!! So they will not register any complaints for repairs as well!
Now, the recovery tool does not list Lumia 950 upon connecting the phone.
Any pointers?
Thanks!

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
One fine day my Lumia 950 started going through the boot phase on a loop until it drained out of battery. I believe this was a result of some update. Anyways, since this was during a busy time, I had to wait for a couple of weeks before I could search and figure out what was wrong. Based on previous posts I was directed to the Windows Device Recovery Tool. After much struggle since the tool was not detecting my phone due to continuous boot cycle, I was able to download the repair package.
The phone started to go through the repair and then stopped midway and since then I have not been able to even see the Microsoft logo that would appear in the previous boots. Now all the phone does is the short vibration indicating the device powers ON.
After talking with the B2X support person, there is still not solution and the phone is bricked. To add to this, my phone has gone out of warrantee period by just 5 days!!! So they will not register any complaints for repairs as well!
Now, the recovery tool does not list Lumia 950 upon connecting the phone.
Any pointers?
Thanks!

I would suggest you charge the phone for a at least 4 hours straight. doesn't matter how it acts, just do it for 4 straight hours. use the charger that came along with it.

once done, do the soft reset. that is power button plus volume down button for 10-13 seconds till it restarts.
if it doesn't restart, try the Lumia recovery tool then.
here is the link to the FAQ. https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq
and here is the download link. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381
I know you might already be having it, but this link leads to the original Microsoft download page. so do it.

also make sure you have a sim card in your phone.
why? because once it vibrates, and pretends that it has started, give it 2-3 minutes and then call on the number of the sim inserted inside. who knows, it might just be the display issue.

anyway, lemme know once you do all that suggested. hope it solves your problem. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs