Lumia 950 boot loop

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I ran into a really annoying problem with my Lumia 950 and I would like to know whether anyone came across with this problem or has any solution to this. The other day the battery fully ran out and since then, the phone constantly reboots. After starting the phone, the colored Microsoft logo appears and after a while the blue windows logo. From here, it just loads and restarts after around 5 minutes.
I tried taking out the sim card, hard resetting the phone (at exclamation mark: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down), the gears show up an finishes correctly and also tired reinstalling the system with the windows recovery tool (red background, also finishes successfully). But still the phone does not go past the logos.

Could this be caused by hardware malfunctioning? Since the hardware seems to be ok to me, I suspect that the software is not working correctly, but I don't understand why a reinstall does not solve it.

Any idea?

heimtomi

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
What kind of hardware problem could this be? The phone responds to everything as it should, and the flashing process finishes correctly too, so I think the Motherboard, RAM, ROM and CPU is working correctly. The logos are also shown, so the touch screen must be good too. Same with the battery, since I managed to drain it by leaving it in the loop for a while until it turned off. After connecting the charger it got hotter and it did charge the phone.
I have no idea what kind of hw problem could cause something like this, but if nothing helps I guess I will have to take it apart.

michael kahl

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 950 did the exact same thing, I performed all kinds of resets nothing worked. I then figured it was the battery loosing connection, so I pulled it out and adjusted the connecting pins inward to fit tighter and wrapped paper around the battery to make it fit tighter. This has worked and haven't had a reboot in weeks. It may have something to do with how the software sees the battery voltage. Anyways this has worked for me so I'll remove the paper at some point and just wrap it with electrical tape and re insert it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon