Hey.. so I just bought a surface 2.. like new but the battery has a red x and will not charge. I've tried cleaning contacts, uninstalled battery in device manager and most other things. I feel like if I could get the system firmware update it may solve the problem and I can force the windows updates by uninstalling the battery.. when it reboots to install the firmware it show the surface logo and the "please wait while updating" it almost instantly reboots and goes back into windows. Any ideas here? Also is the battery difficult to replace? $16 on Ebay and I may give it a shot.
    01-10-2017 12:59 AM
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is you exact model but here is a guide to replacing the Surface battery.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Microso...lacement/12587

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-10-2017 07:36 AM