onedrive aka. skydrive

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can you please help me? i want to get rid of Skydrive (Onedrive) from my lappy and windows phone..
but it says im not allowed to..even though im administrator. i dont want it to do the backup..it keeps running even though i disable it. it kinds of restores everytime. deleting it as application doesnt work as someone already mentioned it somewhere. Not only it runs..when i try to delete it manually using my antivirus it keeps hiding. it totally behaves like spyware or some kind of trojan.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all don't panic it's not a virus or a trojan.:grin:

It's Microsoft's cloud offering and every windows phone user got 15 gigs of storage and some for your camera roll + backups. If you opted in before they reduced it to 5 gigs.

The have baked their cloud offering into the o/s however there is away to remove it.

Bear in mind the moment you do this you may need to reinstall the entire o/s to enable it again.

Make sure you have removed all the data from the onedrive sync folders.

1) Press control+x and launch command prompt with admin rights.

2) Type in: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe then press enter

3)32-bit Windows 10 (x86):

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

64-bit Windows 10 (x64):

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

4) To remove all the remaining onedrive elements use the following:

rd "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S

REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f
REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f

Now you have no entries with OneDrive in your system.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes