Do I need both outlook.com and microsoft account connected to my contacts?

tarofe

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
When I add a contact or change a detail in an existing one I have to edit info on both accounts. (it always asks me which account I want to edit - and I change the same info in both accounts) 3 times now I have gone through each contact and linked the two accounts together in that contact. It just separated again giving me double contact entries in my "contacts" app on my phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
When I add a contact or change a detail in an existing one I have to edit info on both accounts. (it always asks me which account I want to edit - and I change the same info in both accounts) 3 times now I have gone through each contact and linked the two accounts together in that contact. It just separated again giving me double contact entries in my "contacts" app on my phone.

I imagine it's a bug if anything, your microsoft account links to the other apps (like onenote) and services whereas outlook.com simply connects to your outlook.com account along with the associated services like people.com, onedrive, office online etc.

Your main microsoft account is attached to the store which of course you can change by signing out of the store app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire