Why is no one signing the petition to get UWP google apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

There is a new petition to get UWP Google Apps on Windows 10 on change.org. It was published on the 6th July 2017.

I can't link it here or it will be marked as spam so just go to change.org and search UWP Google Apps for Windows 10.

Sign it now! Let's show Google that we are the Windows Phone community that will never die. The last petition for something like this got 8,000 signatures! Let's bring that up to 10,000!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
There is a new petition to get UWP Google Apps on Windows 10 on change.org. It was published on the 6th July 2017.

I can't link it here or it will be marked as spam so just go to change.org and search UWP Google Apps for Windows 10.

Sign it now! Let's show Google that we are the Windows Phone community that will never die. The last petition for something like this got 8,000 signatures! Let's bring that up to 10,000!

I asked my bank to make a UWP for tablet and desktop.

they replied "we don't have any plans to make a windows mobile app". lol.

I just wanted balance at a glance from my windows devices. Not specifically mobile, I actually use my desktop more often - and the features of a banking app, would be quite handy to me there, such as balance without login.

They perceived it as a mobile thing. I of course replied a correction, but I think this is part of the problem.

Many people, not all, but many don't see the benefit of apps on windows tablets/laptops/desktops. Auto-updating, and secure isn't enough. That perception will shift, but it'll take time. Change is often slow.

Windows on arm matters. You know how chrome aims to be the fastest browser (well they all do). What happens when their browser isn't running native anymore on a decent portion of tablets/notebooks? When it runs at best, at 70 percent of what it could? (Ie you can open more browser tabs, in edge, or UC browser)

And people also aren't using it on probably less popular windows s?

Then I think it will matter to them, and a lot of other people. Notebooks are huge right now.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

What happen if it will get10000

Sent from (iOK)

anon(9476064)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
They perceived it as a mobile thing. I of course replied a correction, but I think this is part of the problem.

Many people, not all, but many don't see the benefit of apps on windows tablets/laptops/desktops. Auto-updating, and secure isn't enough. That perception will shift, but it'll take time. Change is often slow.

that's right! So many people associate mobile with the word "app" and desktop or laptop with "program" or "application" (which app is the abbreviation for). Every single day I'm amazed over and over again by how little people understand or how little people are interested in understanding the differences between platforms and the developments that are going on. So many people "heard" someone say that something isn't good and they blindly take this poorly informed person's opinion as a fact...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3