How do i protect my pc from viruses?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i have recently bought a new laptop which is Acer that runs on widows 10. its obvious that microsoft installs its antivirus program i.e microsoft essential on it. but will it be able to protect from any kind of viruses to keep my pc secure? should i be buying any new antivirus program to ensure more of the security of my pc?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
i have recently bought a new laptop which is Acer that runs on widows 10. its obvious that microsoft installs its antivirus program i.e microsoft essential on it. but will it be able to protect from any kind of viruses to keep my pc secure? should i be buying any new antivirus program to ensure more of the security of my pc?

Windows Defender is a fast, subtle, and actively supported antivirus program that does a very good job of defending your PC from most known threats and viruses. Defender combined with common internet safety sense (not visiting suspicious sites, no downloading files from unknown sources, no installing programs from sources you don't trust) should keep your computer clean. But if you're really paranoid, there are plenty of free antivirus options that can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon