I need to know a good music player compatible with windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a massive cd collection i want to store on my computer I need to know a good player to use with windows 10. I used to use wmp but I guess guess that is compatible now.

dlls

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Foobar2000 for local playback. Plex for remote playback.
Used to use Groove with subscription for a while but the audio quality of the WMA files Microsoft provides is a joke. Might be good enough for deaf kids using Beats headphones but I'm not that guy.

spyderblacks

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Try AIMP. It's complete (syncs music with the folders of your choosing and supports smart playlists too, from the website you can get a lot of skins if the default one doesn't suffice for you -I use OrahMulih-, and has many other standard features you'd expect). The most outstanding feature, though, one I can never play my music without, is an excellent Equalizer and this one delivers better than any out there.

IanHead

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Another vote here for MusicBee. I used to be a Foobar2000 diehard but MusicBee has taken over for me. It looks great, is extremely stable, the feature set is as deep as the ocean and it handles tagging better than any other player I've ever used.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a big library but not as huge as yours. I have a need to have my library of music exported to Excel, with as much metadata details as possible...
any recommendations?

... !

MP3Tag. That will do it. Best metadata software I've used, though I haven't tried all of 'em. But this one does it for me. I use it to clean up my metadata, and it does it brilliantly either individually, or in batches.

IdleMind

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Zune, Zune, Zune, Zune, Zune!!!!!!!! :love: My second pick as a stand alone player is Winamp, only because I really enjoy the tripex visualization plugin. But Zune is awesome for management. I hate that when the marketplace was removed that the really nice background that showed while music was playing also disappeared. Windows Media Player is also really good for managing and syncing music files. I'm not too igged about not being able to purchase music in the same place but I am igged that Groove hasn't yet been able to match Zune. :eck:

Michael Gold

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
JRiver Media Center is the best media manager I have come across. I have been using it for the past 10 years. It will handle over 500K media files easy. The built in media server streams across all my devices and connect via the internet effortlessly when I am on the road. It play all media formats, auto (batch) tag , built-in search engine, library backups, etc. Integrates iPhone, Netflix, Hulu and a host of other web services. Give Jriver MC a try.

NattaponChumnankit

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
I have a massive cd collection i want to store on my computer I need to know a good player to use with windows 10. I used to use wmp but I guess guess that is compatible now.

I use Foobar2000 & Aimp4. Foobar2000 is faster than Aimp (on my pc) but Aimp sound better than Foobar2000, because it can set EQ up to 18 bands.(32Hz - 16kHz) While Foobar2000 can set 10 bands. (64Hz - 16kHz)

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
MusicBee - it's free and it's really smart - very customisable UI and good tools for ripping and burning - it's particularly smart at handling metadata, downloading info as best it can, but also offering easy editing tools for correcting the metadata so it suits how you want to organise things. You'll need to download the LAME codec if you want to rip to MP3, but that's easily done (instructions included) and also free... or use a truly open source file format. You'll find it here https://getmusicbee.com (and no, I'm nothing to do with the people behind it, just grateful to them).

I second this and also AIMP.

Slubill78

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I have moved to MediaMonkey. It can manage devices including my old Nokia Icon Windows 10 phone that I use as a MP3 player anymore. But it can manage tags, handle many different media formats. There is a App in the Windows Store but I mainly stick to the downloaded program. I have been using MediaMonkey since Music Match was killed off by Yahoo years ago.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm a believer. I mentioned AIMP in a post and others talked about Music Bee. So as the geek I am, I decided to give it a spin. (no pun intended) OMG, this app is fantastic. The EQ is especially wonderful. How this app is able to separate sound the way it does is amazing. I have these Bose Companion 2 Series III's on my desk and with this app I get this sound out of my stereo speakers but its like the voices are coming directly from my monitor and it even sounds great. I have to chalk that up to the Music Bee EQ. Whomever mentioned Music Bee first, thank you. I am literately blown away. I am a fan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes