hi,i am learning windows bash script like said in some tutorial books i tried to find a file using assoc | find
    like assoc | find "string.bat" >C:\Users\chirag
    but i got that access denied,but i am using local administrative account with full privilege of administrative and i am using administrative cmd instead of common cmd.please tell me whey i am getting access denied here is my code:
    """ C:\>assoc | find "string.bat" > C:\Users\chirag
    Access is denied.""""
    12-23-2017 10:56 AM
    hi,i am learning windows bash script like said in some tutorial books i tried to find a file using assoc | find
    like assoc | find "string.bat" >C:\Users\chirag
    but i got that access denied,but i am using local administrative account with full privilege of administrative and i am using administrative cmd instead of common cmd.please tell me whey i am getting access denied here is my code:
    """ C:\>assoc | find "string.bat" > C:\Users\chirag
    Access is denied.""""
    Even if you have full admin priveleges on your user, you still need to run CMD with elevated priveleges.

Hold shift + ctrl and then open CMD via left click, this will cause a user access control prompt to appear and on the user access control prompt left click "Yes".

As "C:\Users\chirag" indicates you are actually running CMD without admin rights.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32>" indicates you are running CMD with admin rights.
    Laura Knotek and a5cent like this.
    12-23-2017 02:08 PM
    first i will thank you,thank you for your support.
    i did exactly what you said i opened cmd as administrator everything happened like you said like control prompt appeared and i hit yes then i tried my command but same thing happened.i tried powershell as administrator but in their same thing happenedscreenshot-1-.png
    please help me.any help will be great full.i am new to programming as first i choose windows bash to learn.i think it will be good to know the environment one is using so i choose windows.
    12-25-2017 10:34 AM
    first i will thank you,thank you for your support.
    i did exactly what you said i opened cmd as administrator everything happened like you said like control prompt appeared and i hit yes then i tried my command but same thing happened.i tried powershell as administrator but in their same thing happenedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	138439
    please help me.any help will be great full.i am new to programming as first i choose windows bash to learn.i think it will be good to know the environment one is using so i choose windows.
    For a valid list of CMD commands, type help in the command prompt.

Since you are new to programming I recommend you look at Bob Tabor's tutorials, the links are as follows and download visual studio express (now called visual studio community 2017):

www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/

channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners

channel9.msdn.com/Niners/Bob_Tabor

Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-26-2017 12:33 PM