Need Help to Find Way to use DAO in VBA Program in Excel 2013

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have searched using google to find a specific answer with no luck. I keep getting error code 429 when trying to use DAO language "OpenDatabase" so I can use SQL Language to search various worksheets in one Excel 2013 Workbook. I am running Windows 7-64 and Office 2013 64-bit. From what I have read, it would appear DAO is not supported anymore by Microsoft, and even ADO doesn't look like it is looked favorably by the folks at Microsoft anymore. I really don't care if I can't use DAO anymore as long as if there is a method where I can use similar functionality to find specific records based on specific criteria, amend certain records, create other records, and move amongst records (i.e. .movefirst, .movelast, etc.). If there is a different VBA language that is usable for 64 bit versions of my software, I will learn it.

I rather not use the workbook, worksheet functions and using IF-THEN statements going through the entire table trying to find certain "records" that match the criteria I am looking for. It works, but its tedious and I much rather use SQL type language.

I realize using MS Access would be more appropriate, but I prefer using the Spreadsheet format. What I am trying to do is write a VBA program that converts certain cell values into a certain format to be converted to a csv file to upload to a website for my web-store. The file is my inventory sheet, with tons of calculations/formulas in it. I rather not use MS Access if I don't have to.

Thank you for any help that can be provided!

Thanks.

Ken L.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h