07-09-2019 10:23 AM
77 ... 234
tools Reply
    What I don't understanding is why phone manufactures are so disconnected and mostly non-innovative. What I mean is that innovation exists, but limited. Mostly it is rushed to market Apple copied features, some select Chinese manufacture does innovate like full screen phones, and finger print behind the screen. All great stuff I expect Samsung or LG to make, not a Chinese company.
    I suspect it's because a lot of phone manufacturers aren't really doing a lot of design work. I haven't got a clue as to how phones are currently made, but the reason they're all merging towards the same devices is possibly because they're at the mercy of their parts suppliers.

Trying to do anything a little different requires customer modifications to chips or deviating from standard board layouts. I don't know if the phone manufacturers have people who can do a board layout.i presume that they get a standard design from their chip supplier and then just let a computer organise tracks to fit the space they have.

Apple is a great example of really pursuing their vision and design goals. They have a design and use engineering to overcome the obstacles. A lot of android OEMs just try to up their specs, without really improving things.

Case in point is displays and pixel pitch. Apple very successfully marketed their retina display. Android OEMs only caught up when those displays were available from their suppliers, with the exception of Samsung, lg and Sony, as they make their own displays. But then what happened is that they kept on going, and going and going... Sony has had 4k displays for a while now. Completely pointless on a phone, but since targeting pixel pitch worked so well for apple, well then they had to try to get a piece of that action.

I sometimes wonder if the android OEMs just don't understand their own products...
    07-07-2019 02:33 PM
    Apple is good at pursuing what they want, you are right. Everyone else just follows them. And no, the Lumia is most likely not the best camera in any way by a long shot now.
    07-09-2019 10:23 AM
77 ... 234