Screen will not wake after sleep, since windows10 update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I have an MSI GS60 ghost Pro and about a month ago I did a windows10 update. Ever since, the screen will not wake up (it stays black) after the laptop sleeps. I have tried changing the power/sleep settings, and default settings by booting in to bios. No change occurred...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have an MSI GS60 ghost Pro and about a month ago I did a windows10 update. Ever since, the screen will not wake up (it stays black) after the laptop sleeps. I have tried changing the power/sleep settings, and default settings by booting in to bios. No change occurred...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Does it behave the same when you use hibernate?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Mellfee

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I hadn't ever considered using Hibernate. It was hidden till yesterday. Plugging my external monitor in and (blindly) pressing Windows Key/P allows me to switch to the external moniotr and then back to my laptop screen, if that helps. It would be nice to fix the problem, but for now I am trying your advice and have switched my power settings to use Hibernate.

Thanks

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having some of the same problems.

Have to restart to wake up.
Screen saver no longer works
Yahoo home page won't run videos or allow me to open some of the headings to read entire article.

Most problems of any update so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon