I just bought a house that has a security system in it. I have no idea what it does or how to leverage. At the moment, it just tells us what door or window is open, but I believe it can do more, and we can get a 3rd-party service to monitor our home as well.

My question is this. Before I invest a lot of time in it, do these types of systems play well with home automation systems? Are there certain security systems that are "app friendly" and integrate with other smarthome systems? And by any chance are they Windows/Cortana integrated as well? Thanks in advance.
    07-05-2018 09:39 AM
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

It really depends on the system, and how old it is. Some of them even have their own apps, as well as integration with Alexa or Google Home, or both. Or Apple Home. Really depends on the system. I'm with you on doing research BEFORE investing money. What I would do is try using google (or bing) to search out the website of the manufacturer, such as Honeywell, Slomin, etc,
    07-05-2018 11:48 AM