Hi!

I own a Windows 10 laptop with a 2TB hard drive installed, which I use for school and gaming etcetera. However, I want to create a new bootable HDD for programming so that things are all organized properly.

Is it possible to internally switch to another HDD on the laptop and install Windows 10 on it to use it separately? (I mean using my regular 2TB drive, opening up the laptop and switch back to the other HDD when needed)
    I know this will damage the sata connector when switching too often, just occassionally.

Thanks in advance!
    07-11-2018 06:42 AM
    You have more than enough space to put everything in one drive and organize that “properly” and I think you should look into partitioning your current drive or other schemes than the needlessly excessive hard drive swapping.

Define “organized properly” for me please though so I get a better idea of what you want to achieve.

But yes it’s possible, you may run aground if licensing issues but then again you may not since I believe Windows installs are usually tied to the motherboard.

But still, the idea is interesting but just strikes me as odd, attempting to segregate programming entirely - maybe another user account for programming instead?
    07-11-2018 08:00 PM