Can a PC stick perform office functions like a regular desktop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I use windows 10 and MS Office Home (subscription) as well as QuickBooksPro2017 to run my small consulting business and mobile home park. I want to know if a PC stick or mini system is powerful enough to do the following: play music from Pandora while working in Excel, Word, run my pdf viewer/creator (Foxit), email, web surfing and various biz related stuff all at the same time or am I deluding myself and should just buy a regular desktop?

I save all of my files on a thumb drive and not the hard drive anyways so I can take it to my regular job and I use that computer quite often.

I like to just sit on my bed and work or LR, I hate being tied to a desktop and all the cords and monitors. I would like to utilize my smart tv's and my printer and router are all wifi and bluetooth. I already have a wireless keyboard and mouse. FYI, I hate laptops as the screen is too small.

All the sites I've been on harken to gaming and streaming or video production, which I don't need to do. I use the Xbox or the Roku tv's for that.

Any advice? Thx

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
It could work, but maybe a laptop IS a better option. You see with a laptop and the right cords, you can still use your TV with it. Also most current laptops have Bluetooth so the printer should be no issue either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon