I am still - sadly - adapting to Android after the loss of WP.
    I use Outlook for Android to handle Mail and Calendar needs; but it does not have any Contact / People functionality as near as I can tell. (I'm wanting an app that will sync contacts from outlook.com)
    Am I missing something here?
    I've searched Google Play Store but can't locate any Microsoft app for Contacts / People.
    I have a bad habit of not seeing what's right in front of me, so I'm hoping someone can simply point out what I'm overlooking and the problem will be solved.
    06-22-2019 02:13 PM
    I'm with you, David. I was a long time Windows Phone user. Even wrote some apps for it. So, it was with a heavy heart that I bought my first Android phone, a week ago today. I realized that I just had to move on.

Anyway, I felt the same and spent a few days looking for a Microsoft People's app for Android. Is there one? Not that I can find. However, there's at least a work around. If you get the Outlook for Android app, you can find your contacts that are in Outlook.com, but tapping on the Search icon/button on the bottom of the app, between the Mail button (on the left) and the Calendar button (on the right). You can search there, and that search includes searching through your Outlook.com contacts. It works. Honestly, not easily discoverable (it took me days to find it), but it works.
    Laura Knotek and davidewart like this.
    06-22-2019 11:34 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't such an app on Android. But @Doctor_Who has you covered above.
    davidewart and Doctor_Who like this.
    06-23-2019 05:42 AM
    Thanks. Happy to know there is an answer - and that it wasn't staring me in the face plain as day!
    Doctor_Who likes this.
    06-23-2019 06:02 PM
    This has probably been said to death but the People functionality on Windows Phone actually was really good. But, as time went on, and social media companies made their own apps, people are happy with the respective app. That's why there is no such People app on anything other than Windows Phone. A shame really.
    Doctor_Who likes this.
    06-26-2019 09:14 AM
    You don't need a people app.

I turned off my 1520.3 and went to android. My Nokia 7.1 does not have the outlook app.
    Your Microsoft account is an exchange account to start with. A properly setup MS exchange account will give you your contacts, calendar and email on your android phone. The MS account syncs to the native android calendar, contacts and Gmail apps. Couldn't stand the native calendar so I use the aCalendar app.
    Only two primary accounts on the phone, Gmail and my Hotmail account.

See my post here in the android forum.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ml#post6571339
    06-28-2019 03:15 PM
    You don't need a people app.

I turned off my 1520.3 and went to android. My Nokia 7.1 does not have the outlook app.
    Your Microsoft account is an exchange account to start with. A properly setup MS exchange account will give you your contacts, calendar and email on your android phone. The MS account syncs to the native android calendar, contacts and Gmail apps. Couldn't stand the native calendar so I use the aCalendar app.
    Only two primary accounts on the phone, Gmail and my Hotmail account.

See my post here in the android forum.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ml#post6571339
    Yes, you are right. I forgot about that. I am so used to using the actual Outlook app.
    07-02-2019 08:17 AM