Your phone app doesn't connect

Wasath

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi
I tried a lot of times to connect my Android phone & laptop via Your Phone app. It's always stuck in that 'check your PC screen. When I check my laptop, it says 'check your phone' & no matter how many times I resend that notification from laptop, it doesn't reach my phone.

I've tried everything I can. I tried un-linking my phone from my Microsoft account, terminating & resetting your phone app in laptop, force stopping, reinstalling & everything I can do :(

Both my laptop & phone are plugged in, battery savers are disabled, having all the system requirements, connected to unmetered WiFi, using the same Microsoft account and having up-to-date apps

What should I do now.?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you completely sign out of the app on the Yoga completely? If you have Your Phone connected to one machine already, simply sign in again to it on the Yoga and fire it up on your phone and follow the steps to connect.

Let us know at what point it doesn't work as expected.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
On a semi-related note, I just got the Your Phone update this weekend and it's supposed to allow phone calls but my Note 8 can't connect to my SP3 via BT. The toggle is there, but it repeatedly says it can't connect. Photos, text and notifs work perfectly but it seems as though there's a connection issue with the Marvell BT radio. Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, un-installing and re-installing the device and software, etc., etc., etc. My note 8 is on Pie and running the December 2019 security patch so it's as up-to-date as can be along with the SP3 on 1909.

Might ditch the SP3 and try a Dell with Dell Mobile Connect and see if that's a better solution. Anyone here tried that?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
On a semi-related note, I just got the Your Phone update this weekend and it's supposed to allow phone calls but my Note 8 can't connect to my SP3 via BT. The toggle is there, but it repeatedly says it can't connect. Photos, text and notifs work perfectly but it seems as though there's a connection issue with the Marvell BT radio. Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, un-installing and re-installing the device and software, etc., etc., etc. My note 8 is on Pie and running the December 2019 security patch so it's as up-to-date as can be along with the SP3 on 1909.

Might ditch the SP3 and try a Dell with Dell Mobile Connect and see if that's a better solution. Anyone here tried that?

Try the Dell setup and see how you get on with it because Your Phone is very picky. I haven't tried it. The Your Phone app connects between my phone and work laptop just fine. After uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone and work PC many times, and making sure everything was up to date. My phone isn't good enough for phone call support in the Your Phone app.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Try the Dell setup and see how you get on with it because Your Phone is very picky. I haven't tried it. The Your Phone app connects between my phone and work laptop just fine. After uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone and work PC many times, and making sure everything was up to date. My phone isn't good enough for phone call support in the Your Phone app.
So they’re basically telling you that your phone sucks for Your Phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I tried the Dell offering from the Microsoft Store on my Inspiron but it said it wasn't compatible. I got the drivers via the Dell Update app so I found that weird. Anyhoo, I figured since I could make an Acer Liquid Jade Primo think it's a Lumia 950 for the purpose of getting the latest and greatest, I was sure I could make any Windows 10 PC think it's anything it wants. I already had the dependencies installed for appx installation so I found the Store app in appx form (yay internet!). Sure enough, it worked and the app works perfectly AND it's much more feature-filled than Your Phone. Calls, texts, notifications, screen mirroring and file transfers are there.

Then I got a Forrest Gump inspiration when he was running coast-to-coast and thought if I made it this far and could get it to work on an older, non-supported Dell then surely I could get it to work on my SP3. And don't call me Shirley (old movie humor). Damn straight I did! Installed the Dell Mobile Connect app and a dialogue box popped up with a link to download the drivers. It was a hunch since I wouldn't know exactly which drivers to D/L from Dell. Now both my machines have Apple-like "Continuity" with my Android phones. Dell announced the file and mirroring feature is coming for iOS this spring but calls and text have worked since Day One. I'll have to put a SIM in my iPhone XR to verify but what's the use right?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I tried the Dell offering from the Microsoft Store on my Inspiron but it said it wasn't compatible. I got the drivers via the Dell Update app so I found that weird. Anyhoo, I figured since I could make an Acer Liquid Jade Primo think it's a Lumia 950 for the purpose of getting the latest and greatest, I was sure I could make any Windows 10 PC think it's anything it wants. I already had the dependencies installed for appx installation so I found the Store app in appx form (yay internet!). Sure enough, it worked and the app works perfectly AND it's much more feature-filled than Your Phone. Calls, texts, notifications, screen mirroring and file transfers are there.

Then I got a Forrest Gump inspiration when he was running coast-to-coast and thought if I made it this far and could get it to work on an older, non-supported Dell then surely I could get it to work on my SP3. And don't call me Shirley (old movie humor). Damn straight I did! Installed the Dell Mobile Connect app and a dialogue box popped up with a link to download the drivers. It was a hunch since I wouldn't know exactly which drivers to D/L from Dell. Now both my machines have Apple-like "Continuity" with my Android phones. Dell announced the file and mirroring feature is coming for iOS this spring but calls and text have worked since Day One. I'll have to put a SIM in my iPhone XR to verify but what's the use right?

That's awesome! I'm glad you got it all set up using Dell. It proves my belief that Your Phone is kind of half baked. Kudos also for the Airplane! reference as well.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome! I'm glad you got it all set up using Dell. It proves my belief that Your Phone is kind of half baked. Kudos also for the Airplane! reference as well.
*UPDATE* The Dell method works as I described earlier but it is one buggy mess when it comes to connections. Your Phone is not nearly as feature-filled but it is rock stable. I left the SP3 on the latest production build and put the Dell machine on the slow ring. Your Phone has the calling feature working as it should but I have to be far enough away from my car stereo for it to not give off a "there's an app conflicting with making calls" error. I guess the folks at Kenwood put some strong BT radios in their head units. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the Microsoft version.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
*UPDATE* The Dell method works as I described earlier but it is one buggy mess when it comes to connections. Your Phone is not nearly as feature-filled but it is rock stable. I left the SP3 on the latest production build and put the Dell machine on the slow ring. Your Phone has the calling feature working as it should but I have to be far enough away from my car stereo for it to not give off a "there's an app conflicting with making calls" error. I guess the folks at Kenwood put some strong BT radios in their head units. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the Microsoft version.

Your Phone still keeps getting updates from MS. And yes, it connects just fine to my work PC, but I never use it. All this effort and the app, to me, isn't really all that useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon