01-16-2020 08:48 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi
    I tried a lot of times to connect my Android phone & laptop via Your Phone app. It's always stuck in that 'check your PC screen. When I check my laptop, it says 'check your phone' & no matter how many times I resend that notification from laptop, it doesn't reach my phone.

I've tried everything I can. I tried un-linking my phone from my Microsoft account, terminating & resetting your phone app in laptop, force stopping, reinstalling & everything I can do :(

Both my laptop & phone are plugged in, battery savers are disabled, having all the system requirements, connected to unmetered WiFi, using the same Microsoft account and having up-to-date apps

What should I do now.?
    10-04-2019 02:35 PM
    I too have had endless problems with this; you have to go through all kinds of permissions steps on your phone. It's very cumbersome and not very user friendly at all...
    10-05-2019 02:50 AM
    I've constantly tried with this all (Xiaomi A1) and never got it to connect either. I get stuck at the same screen so I just gave up.
    10-06-2019 09:42 AM
    This may seem like a stupid question but are your phones running Nougat as a minimum? Also, make sure the "Your Phone" app permissions are set properly. Last but not least, you must be signed on to a Microsoft account on your Android and PC.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2019 02:45 PM
    This may seem like a stupid question but are your phones running Nougat as a minimum? Also, make sure the "Your Phone" app permissions are set properly. Last but not least, you must be signed on to a Microsoft account on your Android and PC.
    My phone is running Android Pie (OS 9). What permissions settings do you mean? And yes, I am logged in to the same MS account.
    10-09-2019 10:27 AM
    My phone is running Android Pie (OS 9). What permissions settings do you mean? And yes, I am logged in to the same MS account.
    The app permissions in Settings>Apps>Your Phone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-09-2019 04:44 PM
    The app permissions in Settings>Apps>Your Phone
    I think I set that up properly as well and still it gets stuck, same as the OP described.
    10-10-2019 10:06 AM
    This app is super finicky. It works with my Surface GO and my Lenovo Flex 15, but doesn't work with my Yoga 2 Pro..it's 5 years old now, but not everyone has new hardware...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2019 11:51 PM
    This app is super finicky. It works with my Surface GO and my Lenovo Flex 15, but doesn't work with my Yoga 2 Pro..it's 5 years old now, but not everyone has new hardware...
    I actually managed to finally get it to work and its underwhelming. Quite disappointing really. What issues are you having with it on your Yoga 2 Pro?
    11-04-2019 06:31 AM
    1.jpg

I get this ALL the time....
    11-09-2019 12:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	141638

I get this ALL the time....
    First of all, as the message says, are your PC and phone connected to the internet? Try also removing the app from your phone (sign out from the PC) and set it all up again.

Lastly, as I had to do, if you set it up on another PC first, does it work?
    11-09-2019 07:45 PM
    First of all, as the message says, are your PC and phone connected to the internet? Try also removing the app from your phone (sign out from the PC) and set it all up again.

Lastly, as I had to do, if you set it up on another PC first, does it work?
    It works with my Surface GO, and my Lenovo Flex 15, but not with my YOGA 2 Pro...
    11-16-2019 01:05 AM
    It works with my Surface GO, and my Lenovo Flex 15, but not with my YOGA 2 Pro...
    What's the difference between those machines? I.e. are they all running the same version of Windows 10 and the Your Phone app?
    11-17-2019 07:25 PM
    What's the difference between those machines? I.e. are they all running the same version of Windows 10 and the Your Phone app?
    Exactly! So frustrating...and...my S10 just got the November security update, and I had to start all over with the connection process to get it working with my GO. I guess I'll have to do this after every phone update. Kind of dumb...
    11-23-2019 02:17 AM
    Exactly! So frustrating...and...my S10 just got the November security update, and I had to start all over with the connection process to get it working with my GO. I guess I'll have to do this after every phone update. Kind of dumb...
    Try just starting the process entirely from the beginning again. I had to do that several times until it worked.
    11-23-2019 06:09 AM
    I've done everything I can to get my YOGA 2 Pro to connect, but no...So, I'm trying the Google Web Messaging page; I just keep the tab open, and it works great (even with my new Edge beta)! Why can't Your Phone work this easy?
    11-25-2019 12:14 AM
    Is the Yoga 2 running the latest Windows 10 version? Did you uninstall Your Phone from the Android phone (sign out first), then install and set it up on the phone first?
    11-25-2019 06:58 AM
    hello,
    lucy here.
    Why does My Smart Thermostat app not workin'?
    Is there any option for it?
    I cant operate thermostats manually.
    11-29-2019 12:23 AM
    hello,
    lucy here.
    Why does My Smart Thermostat app not workin'?
    Is there any option for it?
    I cant operate thermostats manually.
    Welcome to the forum, Lucy, I think this is a new question that needs its own thread.
    11-30-2019 08:41 AM
    Is the Yoga 2 running the latest Windows 10 version? Did you uninstall Your Phone from the Android phone (sign out first), then install and set it up on the phone first?
    Yes. Thanks for offering your suggestions. For my YOGA, I just user the Google Web messaging page; I set it up in about 30 seconds, and it works fine. For my other devices, I use the Your Phone app.
    12-02-2019 12:23 AM
    Did you completely sign out of the app on the Yoga completely? If you have Your Phone connected to one machine already, simply sign in again to it on the Yoga and fire it up on your phone and follow the steps to connect.

Let us know at what point it doesn't work as expected.
    12-09-2019 06:33 AM
    On a semi-related note, I just got the Your Phone update this weekend and it's supposed to allow phone calls but my Note 8 can't connect to my SP3 via BT. The toggle is there, but it repeatedly says it can't connect. Photos, text and notifs work perfectly but it seems as though there's a connection issue with the Marvell BT radio. Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, un-installing and re-installing the device and software, etc., etc., etc. My note 8 is on Pie and running the December 2019 security patch so it's as up-to-date as can be along with the SP3 on 1909.

Might ditch the SP3 and try a Dell with Dell Mobile Connect and see if that's a better solution. Anyone here tried that?
    01-06-2020 07:36 PM
    On a semi-related note, I just got the Your Phone update this weekend and it's supposed to allow phone calls but my Note 8 can't connect to my SP3 via BT. The toggle is there, but it repeatedly says it can't connect. Photos, text and notifs work perfectly but it seems as though there's a connection issue with the Marvell BT radio. Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, un-installing and re-installing the device and software, etc., etc., etc. My note 8 is on Pie and running the December 2019 security patch so it's as up-to-date as can be along with the SP3 on 1909.

Might ditch the SP3 and try a Dell with Dell Mobile Connect and see if that's a better solution. Anyone here tried that?
    Try the Dell setup and see how you get on with it because Your Phone is very picky. I haven't tried it. The Your Phone app connects between my phone and work laptop just fine. After uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone and work PC many times, and making sure everything was up to date. My phone isn't good enough for phone call support in the Your Phone app.
    01-07-2020 08:45 AM
    Try the Dell setup and see how you get on with it because Your Phone is very picky. I haven't tried it. The Your Phone app connects between my phone and work laptop just fine. After uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone and work PC many times, and making sure everything was up to date. My phone isn't good enough for phone call support in the Your Phone app.
    So they’re basically telling you that your phone sucks for Your Phone.
    darrell reimer likes this.
    01-07-2020 12:36 PM
    Ok so I tried the Dell offering from the Microsoft Store on my Inspiron but it said it wasn't compatible. I got the drivers via the Dell Update app so I found that weird. Anyhoo, I figured since I could make an Acer Liquid Jade Primo think it's a Lumia 950 for the purpose of getting the latest and greatest, I was sure I could make any Windows 10 PC think it's anything it wants. I already had the dependencies installed for appx installation so I found the Store app in appx form (yay internet!). Sure enough, it worked and the app works perfectly AND it's much more feature-filled than Your Phone. Calls, texts, notifications, screen mirroring and file transfers are there.

Then I got a Forrest Gump inspiration when he was running coast-to-coast and thought if I made it this far and could get it to work on an older, non-supported Dell then surely I could get it to work on my SP3. And don't call me Shirley (old movie humor). Damn straight I did! Installed the Dell Mobile Connect app and a dialogue box popped up with a link to download the drivers. It was a hunch since I wouldn't know exactly which drivers to D/L from Dell. Now both my machines have Apple-like "Continuity" with my Android phones. Dell announced the file and mirroring feature is coming for iOS this spring but calls and text have worked since Day One. I'll have to put a SIM in my iPhone XR to verify but what's the use right?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-07-2020 05:53 PM
28 12