Computer running extremely slow out of nowhere and can’t login.

SebastianSamuel

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I use my computer pretty much on a daily basic Everything with it was working fine up until a few moments ago, I plug it into my tv you better look at a presentation using the duplicate monitor settings. I noticed some of the apps on the tv were a completely different size from the laptop, but I doubt that’s relevant. When trying to load the presentation I noticed the program said it “couldn’t load” despite multiple attempts. So after everything loaded I decided to restart the pc (which was clearly a mistake) but now I literally can’t login. There is no “user login” screen. When I swipe up it simply shows the blank wallpaper and in turn I can’t even login on the pc. Also I tried to press “C-A-D” with no luck, nothing even pops up, trackpad and clicks on the screen work fine. Any help would be great appreciated :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I use my computer pretty much on a daily basic Everything with it was working fine up until a few moments ago, I plug it into my tv you better look at a presentation using the duplicate monitor settings. I noticed some of the apps on the tv were a completely different size from the laptop, but I doubt that’s relevant. When trying to load the presentation I noticed the program said it “couldn’t load” despite multiple attempts. So after everything loaded I decided to restart the pc (which was clearly a mistake) but now I literally can’t login. There is no “user login” screen. When I swipe up it simply shows the blank wallpaper and in turn I can’t even login on the pc. Also I tried to press “C-A-D” with no luck, nothing even pops up, trackpad and clicks on the screen work fine. Any help would be great appreciated :)

First of all is it a desktop PC or a Laptop?

In any case, when you reboot have you tried holding the ESC key, F8 Key, Shift+F8 or F11 to get into advanced system recovery?

Unfortunately Microsoft in their infinite wisdom removed the dedicated F8 key settings which would have allowed you to get into advanced start up options with Windows 8. With Windows 7 if you held it down at start up it would allow you to get into advanced start up options and from there you could launch into safe mode.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had this similar behavior a couple times on my w10 over the past few months.

I managed to reboot a few times, long press the power button, restart from the login screen (bottom right corner)

Not really sure what combination got me further but eventually, both times, got a New User prompt at login!

Maybe it's because my machine is a Managed system for where I work, but I was able to try and log back into my normal account.

It's like something locks your profile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz