DVD Playback on Vivtotab RT

Member321

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know windows rt does not have any software that allows for DVD playback. However, I do see that people have made their own "Windows Media Player" that can be found in the app store and some do have the ability to play DVD's. However, would those work on a windows rt device or would that only work on a full windows 8 machine?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would think that it would just be for Window 8 tablets, if you want to check go on Microsoft website and look for the compatibility list or send a email or live chat.

ctr test

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I know windows rt does not have any software that allows for DVD playback. However, I do see that people have made their own "Windows Media Player" that can be found in the app store and some do have the ability to play DVD's. However, would those work on a windows rt device or would that only work on a full windows 8 machine?

Well, Although Asus Vivtotab tablet was equipped with the latest mobile platform operating system but it still can not play DVD's directly. And As you say "some people indeed have got their own "Windows Media Player" that can be found in the app store and some do have the ability to play DVD's", but it seems not work stable.. As you have the demand of making DVD enjoyment on your Vivtotab Tab, why not think about DVD ripper? Yes, it is the violation of the law to rip a DVD, but as long as the DVD is yours and you just rip it to your Vivtotab for playback without Business interests, it is feasible. A detail guide of DVD enjoyment on HTC may be useful for U!

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I do know that VLC is working on a player that is supposed to work with the Windows RT. I wish I had a date when it will be available but I do not. But, when it does become available, it should work with DVD playback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes