Bing Voice (alternate to Google Voice)?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there a Bing alternate to Google Voice? I'm not referring to Skype. I'm curious if there is a service that MS uses that is like Google Voice.

Thanks

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't have any voice services that require you to request to be put on a waiting list, if that's what you're looking for. Microsoft also doesn't have a voice service that has a limited number of phone numbers available to be assigned (hence the waiting list).

I realize you're not referring to Skype, but Skype IS the closest competitor to Google Voice. Granted, Skype does a great deal more than Google Voice, but Skype does not as far as I know, transcribe your voicemails and email them to you. That part is kind of creepy to me anyway.

There is no Bing Voice, or Microsoft Voice, only Skype. Microsoft doesn't give you a competing product to their own product.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think there was anything that MS offered. I set up a google voice number for internet business. I was just looking for a voicemail service that handles all the calls. I don't think Skype is even in the same category compared to GV.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow, thanks. I don't use Skype, lol. I just thought it was an internet video service.

It's much more than that. It's a complete communications package. That's why so many businesses use it. It handles IM, SMS, Chat, Phone calls, Video calls, Voicemail, voicemail transcription, audio voicemail delivered to your email, file sharing, screen sharing, and more.

It does quite a bit more than what I need for personal use, but the services are easy to use, and the ones you don't use don't get in the way of the ones you do use.

While Skype is the closest competitor to Google Voice, I wouldn't necessarily say that Google Voice was in any way a close competitor to Skype, as Google Voice just doesn't have the features to truly complete.

People who call your Skype number don't need to use Skype, and while you can call others who use Skype, you can call any landline or mobile. Very versatile.

For any Microsoft Execs reading this: Join the forum, send me a PM, and I'll let you know what I want as payment for this quality commercial. ;) Preferably the 950XL Cityman. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes