Is BLU Win HD a good upgrade from Lumia 521?

Bran187

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking for a new phone to replace my current Lumia 521. Its a decent phone (especially when you consider it only cost me 50 bucks off contract) but I am getting to the point where I want something a little nicer.

I have been looking at a lot of reviews on the Win HD and it looks really nice, especially considering the price, but I can't find any direct comparisons to the Lumia 520/521 or similar devices. Would this be a worthy upgrade from my 521? Have any of you who have the Win HD previously had the 521/520? If so how does it compare?

Thanks in advance!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen this article?

I do not have this device, nor have I had a 521. Are you looking for a device that support LTE, or is HSPA+ sufficient for you? The BLU Win HD does not support LTE.

Bran187

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have read pretty much all of the reviews out there as well as watched quite a few. My main concern is performance, as it seems to be a mixed bag from review to review.

As for LTE support, its not really an issue for me. My 521 doesn't support LTE and I have not noticed a need to increase in speed in that regard. I mainly just use it for things like pandora and checking my email, so speed isn't a huge concern. Plus with my 1gb data cap, i'm on Wifi most of the time anyway.

Last edited:

smchambers56

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The Win HD is a nice phone. It runs quite well. You will be getting a larger screen that is clear/crisp with really good viewing angles.
Still looks like you can get it at Staples for 100 bucks.

Bran187

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm super tempted to pick it up while its still 100 bucks. I was just about to pull the trigger last night and buy it, but at the last second decided to hold off and shop around a little bit more.

Toonces

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up from the local MS store today and can say it's a pretty decent upgrade for me. I found the Staples $99.99 and just ordered it. I paid $161 w/ student discount at MS store so that one is going back when the one from Staples gets here. For $100 it's great upgrade so I got my wife one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2