Why does At&t hate Wp8?

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried once asking about Samsung ATIV S here in Indonesia
almost every counter I asked to diverted me into Samsung Galaxy and said something like "Galaxy is better because it's Android"

not much people know about Windows Phone
only a select few who loves Nokia and/or those who took their time to research their next phone

"better because it's android" that's a funny one 😂

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Most people like apps because they are normally designed better than your average bank's website and works better on a touch screen. But other than that, it can access your phone's abilities. Such as location to help find nearby ATM's. Or the camera, to take a photo of a check and have it deposited, I do this with the Chase app, the website cannot do this.

And for these people that work at stores, (no offense to anyone who might work at such a place) but I view them as having the same intelligence as your average fast food worker. (no offense to fast food workers either!) But they are not exactly rocket scientists either, or anywhere near!

we might all be surprised at where our own abilities might fall, if money weren't the limiting factor for secondary education.

good thing we have money to protect us from the smarter people that don't.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
we might all be surprised at where our own abilities might fall, if money weren't the limiting factor for secondary education.

good thing we have money to protect us from the smarter people that don't.

Education has nothing to do with intelligence. You know nothing of my abilities. And money won't buy you protection.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Education has nothing to do with intelligence. You know nothing of my abilities. And money won't buy you protection.

learning more with every post.

the ATT rep I talked with yesterday was ambivalent as to which phone was purchased, so long as there was a 2 year commitment involved. This has been the case almost every time I've shopped for phones, cases, batteries, or anything in a box store.

I've never seen a person start swinging a purse at a salesperson either. THAT would make a trip down to the local mall-o-topia well worth it.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Keeping on the AT&T theme, are there going to be any new WP's offered? I haven't seen any news of new 8.1 phones coming to AT&T. I'm running a HTC 8x, but would like an upgrade path to a new 8.1 device. The Ikon on Verizon seems perfect for me, what about AT&T?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
the ATT rep I talked with yesterday was ambivalent as to which phone was purchased, so long as there was a 2 year commitment involved. This has been the case almost every time I've shopped for phones, cases, batteries, or anything in a box store.

I have to wonder; has anybody here ever said for sure that carrier store reps are paid higher commissions on certain devices such as Samsungs & iPhones? It seems to me to be an assumption, as if that's the only imaginable reason they would try to steer customers away from a Windows Phone. I guess I'd like to hear it first hand. I would think that someone here would be, or has been, a salesman at a carrier store.

On the same token, has it been confirmed that WPs have a higher rate of return than iPhones/Androids? It seems that the WP naysayers believe this. I would think that there would be some objective data somewhere confirming or denying this.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Most people like apps because they are normally designed better than your average bank's website and works better on a touch screen. But other than that, it can access your phone's abilities. Such as location to help find nearby ATM's. Or the camera, to take a photo of a check and have it deposited, I do this with the Chase app, the website cannot do this.
Exactly!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have to wonder; has anybody here ever said for sure that carrier store reps are paid higher commissions on certain devices such as Samsungs & iPhones? It seems to me to be an assumption, as if that's the only imaginable reason they would try to steer customers away from a Windows Phone. I guess I'd like to hear it first hand. I would think that someone here would be, or has been, a salesman at a carrier store.

On the same token, has it been confirmed that WPs have a higher rate of return than iPhones/Androids? It seems that the WP naysayers believe this. I would think that there would be some objective data somewhere confirming or denying this.

I imagine there are probably more Android and iPhones returned but there are more sold so that would make sense. I don't think there's a legit study on this but it's really about the percentage returned versus the percentage sold and this is probably where Windows phones take the hit.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Lots of returns is how they made it seem when I bought my Lumia 1520. I'm sure this reasoning had to do with AT&T not selling a whole lot of windows phones and still getting returns at high rates considering. The sales rep made it seem more like the experience just wasn't as good based off prior customers more than a personal commission.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

I've had sales associates tell me before they do for your first question and was told in 3 different ATT stores,2 corporate stores the return rates are lower on WP 8 than any others.

Mac

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

That would require both the sales and returns by manufacturer listed. I don't think the is a resource for that, but if there were it would be very interesting, just like the data for iPads and surface would be.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That would require both the sales and returns by manufacturer listed. I don't think the is a resource for that, but if there were it would be very interesting, just like the data for iPads and surface would be.

Even that data could be misleading. For example, are certain phones being returned because of a defect or because of buyer's remorse? I picked up an 8X once only to turn around and return it once I opened the box and saw that California Blue is a new shade of purple. Doesn't mean it was a bad device or bad OS, it was just fugly.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Even that data could be misleading. For example, are certain phones being returned because of a defect or because of buyer's remorse? I picked up an 8X once only to turn around and return it once I opened the box and saw that California Blue is a new shade of purple. Doesn't mean it was a bad device or bad OS, it was just fugly.

Of course the reported numbers could be misrepresented (a lie in other words) but it would be something to go on.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
That's why I prefer buying from retailer. It's unlocked and got full support. But the thing is I wonder why those carrier force people to use *****id than Windows phone. After all Windows Phone required less RAM, better battery, safer app and most of he phone design is damn cool compared to *****id phone which required higher RAM and DAMN HELL MALWARE IN THEIR STORE not mentioned some of their device somehow exploded. Seriously are those carier try to blow my hand :(

If their talking about app. Most of their app get published in 30 min while wp required about 5 days. Their SDK also had terrible performance compared wp SDK :v .

In conclusion I don't see any good reason to choose *****id than Windows Phone. If there any while I think it become more reason to stay on Wp

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's why I prefer buying from retailer. It's unlocked and got full support. But the thing is I wonder why those carrier force people to use *****id than Windows phone. After all Windows Phone required less RAM, better battery, safer app and most of he phone design is damn cool compared to *****id phone which required higher RAM and DAMN HELL MALWARE IN THEIR STORE not mentioned some of their device somehow exploded. Seriously are those carier try to blow my hand :(

If their talking about app. Most of their app get published in 30 min while wp required about 5 days. Their SDK also had terrible performance compared wp SDK :v .

In conclusion I don't see any good reason to choose *****id than Windows Phone. If there any while I think it become more reason to stay on Wp

Android is not a dirty word. Really, it isn't.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I were watching an ATT commercial tonight (one where family is in store with a sleeping baby...) and I thought to myself just how boring ATT has gotten. Not just no love for Windows Phone 8 but no excitement for any of their products. What happened to them? I remember when WP7 came out they were extremely gung-ho. I actually bought the HTC Surround because of the awesome marketing like the commercial below:

http://youtu.be/cUU8OTaufOo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes