Recommendations for Change of Carrier / Provider--have Lumia 1520

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the United States, Mid-Atlantic. I was previously with AT&T through my company plan, which has now expired. Now I have the option to take my Lumia 1520 to another compatible carrier / provider, and I'm looking for some recommendations.

I am a data junkie. I average around 4 - 5GB / month.

I text more than I talk. I average around 600 texts / month.

I talk very little, less than 500 minutes / month.

I know Verizon is not compatible with my AT&T branded Lumia 1520. I welcome your recommendations. Thank you in advance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My sister has had fun with Straight Talk. comes in T-Mobile and AT&T compatible SIMs.
Unlimited everything, $45/monthly.
I think they throttle after a couple GB, but I'm not sure on that. You'll have to change some APN settings under Access Point.

I think T-Mobile had a 100 minute, unlimited data/text for $30/monthly, don't know if its still ongoing. (first 5 GB at LTE speeds, but your 1520 might only get EDGE or 3G, depending on your location.)

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, xandros. I'll look into T-Mobile first, then Straight Talk.

If anyone else has any recommendations, let me know. :)

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
T Mobile plan you mentioned is exclusive in Walmarts I think. You will see a plan with $30 per month, but that has only 100 mins with unlimited text and web. Simple Mobile & Straight Talk has some good options. Red Pocket (goredpocket.com) has some, but mostly not for data hungry users :)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the Mid Atlantic with a Lumia 1520.3, which means full LTE on both AT&T and T-Mobile so my case is a bit different than yours, but being a data junkie myself T-Mobile has been a good fit for me. I stream a lot of sports so I went with their unlimited LTE plan. With other plans (and with prepaid services like StraightTalk or Simple Mobile) you will get throttled on "unlimited data" if you go past a certain, sometimes untold allotment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2