Verizon Message+ (desktop) - Texting/Replying from my Surface

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Got hold of this app on twitter about a desktop app that verizon actually made that allows you to send and receive texts right on your desktop. It also syncs all your messages and even allows you to send MMS.

https://t.co/hCZn4fJchI

ANyone using this?

the issue with it is that it doesnt sync my contacts and I was wondering how to do that.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I've heard a lot of complaints of it being slow to notify, or not notifying at all when a new message comes in, and a lot of complaints of messages just not coming in altogether.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the W10M forums. Many users are getting SMS via Cortana desktop with great results when running W10M phone + W10 box.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Check the W10M forums. Many users are getting SMS via Cortana desktop with great results when running W10M phone + W10 box.

Yeah but cortana only lets you text but is still not able to receive messages and reply, unless that's changed and I dont know about it.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I've heard a lot of complaints of it being slow to notify, or not notifying at all when a new message comes in, and a lot of complaints of messages just not coming in altogether.

Actually its been notifying fine, sometimes I even get notified by this app first before I get it on my phone.

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used it in a while, but IIRC, in order to sync your contacts they need to be on Verizon's server using Verizon's Cloud app.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe i am.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So here's my experience with the Verizon Message+ app.

Pros
  • Easy to setup. No additional steps with Windows 10 Mobile
  • It does, in fact, receive messages faster than my phone.
  • Nice push notifications for messages
  • Great for browsing pics/videos sent through MMS
  • Works well for group messaging
  • Keeps texting history as it would on your phone

Cons
  • The messaging syncing is a pretty major battery drain on a Surface or other battery powered device
  • Messages sent in the Message+ app do not appear in the texting conversation on your phone. You only see messages you've received.
  • While phone #'s, and conversations are sync'd, the names attached to the phone #'s are not. I suspect this could be repaired by backing up contacts with Verizon, but not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss